6mm Bavarians finally complete


Check it out, actual 6mm miniatures on my "Adventures in 6mm" blog.  It has been awhile, I admit.  However, I am still anxiously awaiting my new Baccus 6mm French so big things are planned for late October-Early November.

These three stands represent the last of my Baccus/Adler Bavarian Corps for the 1809 campaign.  This gives me three equal Corps of 4 Line Regiments and 2 Chevaux Legers stands along with two Guns.  There are an additional 2 12lb-ers and 2 Light infantry stands to Augment the Division.  I really need to add a third Division commander however.

Looking at the picture I also see that I misplaced a gun battery....
I would like to say this represents a return to normal 6mm broadcasting, but that would be a 'misrepresentation' of the truth.


Comments

  1. Nice looking Bavarian division. I haven't painted any 6mm figures in long time. In fact, a quick check shows I last painted 6mm in December of 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are part of my long term goal of playing out the entire 1809 campaign with an old fashioned written orders ruleset (like Anatomy of Glory) in a campaign style. I intend for this to happen somewhere between retirement and death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty much the entire Bavarian Army of 1809 at your scale! You might consider using Snappy Nappy to play out the opening phase of the 1809 campaign at 1 infantry unit = 1 regiment of approx 2,000 men. If you could recruit enough players, it would be glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking army, the mass efeect is really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that is really the appeal of 6mm for me. I am still considering going to larger, more dense bases just for the mass.

      Delete
  5. These do look great. I have my new French and some of them are on my painting table

    ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are primed and waiting for their turn following the Austrian Landswehr and Grenze

      Delete

Post a Comment