Fireforge Foot Sergeants II



A second unit of infantry from the Foot Sergeants boxed set.  This time I went with all of the Leather-armor clad figures with Spears.  (plus a Mounted Sergeant lance for the banner, and an ax for the leader)


Overall, I am very happy with Fireforge's products so far.  The minis paint quickly and look good.  My only complaint on this box set is that the mold lines seem more pronounced than usual.  They took longer than the other figures to clean up, and I still keep finding lines that I missed.  I know some have mentioned how good drybrushing is at picking up missed mold lines, but it has nothing on dull-cote.....


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. indeed, and the stain only makes the lines harder to remove.

      Delete
  2. They look great in formation with their heraldry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I see these FF figs the more I'm impressed. You've done a lovely job on them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am really sold on them. They've allowed me to more readily expand into some 28mm areas, I would have otherwise avoided with just metal. I feel better about experimenting with the more inexpensive plastics than a much more expensive metal fig.

      Delete
  4. Mold lines? What mold lines?!

    The leather armor came out fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll just call it a good camera angle, and thanks I was really happy with how the armor came out.

      Delete

Post a Comment