Great Scots!



Behold the only unit I've ever actually finished of my planned Covenant force. They have been awaiting pikes and finishing for several years now, so I felt compelled to at least get them done.  Staring at them now, I guess I need to do at least 1 piper and a leader to round out the unit.  Also, I suppose a banner or two.  

I originally did these when I thought individual basing was the way to go.  I am now sure if I will ever feel compelled to rebase them however.  

I think these figs are also, old Glory, although I have some other handgunners that are more true-25mm scale and are a little too simple to be from the same company.


Who am I!

I also have a small unit of Gallowglass with Halberds, and about 15 Highlanders with missing Shields and Swords.

I will never paint you...


Comments

  1. Your Scots do look nice! I think they might be Old Glory but since I don't have any Old Glory ECW it is impossible to say for sure. When I have done comparisons between Old Glory and by Redoubt and Renegade ECW figures, the old Glory figures were dwarfed by the other two. They might look ok on the same table as the others but I wasn't even sure of that.

    If you have no use for them, I would be happy to take a look and see how they might fit into my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think there are at least three manufacturers here as these guys compare well with my Foundry Landsknecht and BTD Spearmen

      Delete
  2. I was going to guess Redoubt for the unpainted lead, in which case they would be rather tall "25's", pretty much 30mm, as Jon says.

    The Scotts will look good with a flag or two (cross of St Andrew) and a piper. Singly based pikemen... definitely a re-basing in their future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, they arrived essentially molded into these stands, so I was reticent to try and remove them. Do you know if the Scott's in Swedish service wore the same garb?

      Delete
  3. Men in bonnets are always cool. Never say never - about those Highlanders. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been thinking about getting rid of these for years, and now I find myself thinking about the armies of Adolphus Gustavus...

      Delete

Post a Comment