If I had a heart...

..give me more give me more, give me more...


Wait.  I can explain.....

Long, long ago, in the before time.  I wanted to try Saga.  I bought the rules and orders some Black Tree Design Normans in preparation for my first warband.  I had piggy backed my order on one of Jon's.  While waiting for the order to come in, I stumbled on a couple boxes of Wargames Factory Viking Bondi and Hirdmen.  They were less than $20 each for 32 figs/box, so why not?

Later, the Norman's arrived and Jon suggested we try the Reconquista...  Thus my return to 28mm was foretold and the basic principal of this blog (adventures in 6mm) betrayed.


Cut to a few weeks ago when season 2 of Vikings started back up on the history channel.  While they are kinda-history, and kinda based on the Saga's I remember learning when I was younger (My Grandmother Astrid was from a little town North of Stockholm, and had studied to be a history teacher at one point.);  the show itself is very addictive.  This of course led me to dig up those boxes and hurl some paint at them.

 
The figures themselves are quite nice for the value, and come with an array of weapons including bows, spears, axes and swords.  There is some mold lines to remove, and my only issue is that several of the sprue connections are in the middle of arms and weapons and thus require a lot of cleaning.  Fireforge's plastics do much better at this, with the connections normally at the butt of handles or the connection points for arms and heads.  That said, great value for a pile of plastics to knock out quickly to try out a new set of rules.

Comments

  1. Nice!

    You, sir, have become a painting machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting is an excellent distraction from all the things I really should attend to...

      Delete
  2. Agree with Jonathan - you are surely turning out some great figures in record time. BTW, was the opening jingle from Grease?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it is from the opening theme for "Vikings" It is an interesting, almost dirge like song by a Swedish group called Fever Ray.

      Delete
  3. More great stuff. Saga has generally gotten excellent reviews, aside from the need for custom dice.

    Re jingle, I don't know, but Grease would be "Tell me more, tell me more".

    ("You gotta have Heart" is from Damn Yankees, and then there's The Tin Man "If I only had a Heart" from the Wizard of Oz... none of which of course involve the quote in question, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it I am the only one watching the show then. If you haven't checked it out and want to see some Dark Age skirmish battles, give it a look.

      Delete
  4. Thanks, I have been following your "Erasing my plastic prejudice articles with great interest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment