batting .250 on Crowdfunding


Well it looks like the Indiegogo campaign for the plastic Landsknecht from Progloria is a bust.  On the upside Warlord has purchased the rights to all of the Progloria's sculpts so there is hope of seeing more quality Renaissance Germans in the future

As Peter pointed out on my last post on this, the Renaissance period really suffers as a niche period due to the distinctly anglo-centric nature of the hobby at large.  The armies of Charles V for example were a little busier than I was led to believe in history class:


 This is the fourth kickstarter like campaign I have tried.  The first is about two months late delivering my custom dice, and the second Conquest of the Gods which I backed to get what promised to be some excellent Samurai sculpts.  The third was the attempt to revice Ex Illis.  I think this highlights two simple facts:  My tastes are apparently too eclectic and I lack the skill to back the winning horse in crowdfunding.


Comments

  1. Tough luck, for sure. It looks like the Pro Gloria stuff will at least see the light of day.

    As for my Kickstarter experience, I have only tried it once. I backed a sure thing in Fife and Drum and got my figures ahead of schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 50/50 both delivered and both late but they were at opposite ends of the quality spectrum. Really looking forward to painting up the Arena Rex stuff

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Kickstarters for me yet. I'm sorry to be right on this one. The video was funny and interesting. Interest in these wars SHOULD be much greater in Spain, Italy, France, Germany, and the Netherlands. Of course, that doesn't mean that it is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment