Confederate Hordes

Some stars and Bars

With all of the Confederate Infantry on-hand finally painted, I can now assemble some regiments.  I opted to with a couple Texas regiments as well as a Tennessee regiment and some more generic regiments. 

The "star" and bar variant of a Texas unit.

Generic Blue w/ White to add to the Army of Tennessee


Going with only 1 flag per regiments leads me to have a disproportionate amount of command.  The result is that most of my Regiments have four stands each vice the six stands each for the Union forces.  I plan to expand these out with the next load of GHQ infantry I manage to acquire.

I suppose there is enough to start a small game, but still a far cry from the total I am hoping for.

Comments

  1. Excellent progress and I agree that you have enough for a game, for sure.
    My solution to surplus command was to use command to denote morale status. Each regiment begins with three flags and loses one at the crossing of each morale status.(Fresh to Worn, Worn to Spent).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting suggestion. I have managed to use all of the spares minus the excess standard bearers

      Delete
  2. They look very impressive already; with cavalry and artillery I can see you getting a few games in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent - you're trying to best Jon for productivity! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no competition. His quality outstrips my quantity. My only goal is to beat down the lead pile before I die.

      Delete

Post a Comment