Halloween 2015 Prep - The Gorgon


It is getting pretty far into October, so I am finally getting it in gear to prepare for my annual Halloween game with my son.  This year's theme is centered on Greek mythology, so I am taking advantage on the widespread and cheap availability of the Reaper Bones line to stock up on the appropriate monsters.

This time it is Medusa's Turn.  The model itself is fairly easy to paint, although the detail tends to wash out across the snake hair, and she has some really pronounced lateral mold lines.  For most of these figures I am doing a quick paint with drybrush over a black undercoat.  Unfortunately my camera really washed out the green and yellow shading on this model.


Medusa's lair needs some appropriate furnishing, so I have painted up some Warlord plastic Greek Warriors in their post-gaze form. These guys are basically just primered black with a series of lighter and lighter grey highlights
.  

Comments

  1. Good Greek Mythologyu theme.

    - The attack on Medusa's Lair, or 'Everybody Must get Stoned'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, we live a little too close to Washington to risk the second title

      Delete
  2. Oh, by the way, one of several Greek synonyms for "mason"

    τέκτονας

    (téktona)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. I will need to find a way to incorporate that.

      Delete
  3. Love the idea and carry through

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is a fun annual tradition, that will probably last 1-2 more years before I am to lame to hang out with.

      Delete

Post a Comment