Choson Men


Working on the Qin cavalry prompted me to revisit my Imjin war project.  I finished all the peasant forces already, so I thought I would conquer the garrison infantry next.  (Working my way to what will be the arduous task of painting the heavy infantry with their complex uniforms and multitude of colors).

I took my inspiration from the examples around the Juji fortress museum at Jinju.


I picked up two units of 24 from bartertown, so I opted to start by doing all of the infantry first, followed by the command groups.  First up are 25 basic infantry with a variety of spears/halberds

I used a simple black/white color combination with red tassels on all helmets and on 1/2 the belts.  The plan is to do half with white belts and 1/2 with red.  From there go with 12 with yellow bandannas and 12 with red to help identify units of 12 for Lion Rampant and units of 24 if I decide to switch to a mass battle system.  
I switched to using 20mm rounds, with the idea of doing sabotted bases in the future if I feel like trying a game like Impetus with them.   I put some primer on a group of archers as well, in the hopes of maybe getting a Lion Rampant game in during Thanksgiving break.  Maybe.

Comments

  1. Perry figures are terrific! Did you pick these up pre-painted or bare lead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bare metal. Did the primer in White, AP Flat Black and Dragon red additions, followed by Stain. Then went in with AP White, Vellajo Grey-Black and Red for highlights.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Peter. I hope to surround them with reinforcements this month.

      Delete

Post a Comment