Imjin War - Marshaling the 2nd Division


Transitioning from plastic Ashigaru to metal ones we have the first of my Perry Miniatures Ashigaru Spearmen.

I opted to do these guys with the Mon of Kato Kiyomasa to represent units assigned the Japanese 2nd Division during the invasion.  I opted to upgrade the minis with Sashimono and Spears left over from my Wargames Factory plastics.  The Perry spearmen come with white metal spears, but they are very pliable and promise to break and bend regularly as I am seeing with my Korean forces.



I picked up Perry's transfer sheet for the circles, which allow them to look a little more regular.  The person I picked up these minis from had them organized into 24 figure formations with 1 Leader, 1 standard bearer and both a conch blower and 2-man drum team.  I pulled in an extra leader and standard bearer and opted to share the musicians.   I plan on still doing Sabotted stands for Impetus like games, so they should be able to make 2-3 FM stands.


Next up for this formation is the addition of two units with Teppo.  Handguns were much more abundant during this period, so I think a 1:1 mix would not be exceptional.


Comments

  1. The light blue/white motif looks good! The game system flexibility your are giving this project is a wise one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playing games with you over the years has taught me the need to have adaptable basing...

      Delete
  2. Unusual, interesting, and sharp looking figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have been quite taken with East Asian military history this year it would seem.

      Delete

Post a Comment