More Korean Cavalry


Close on the heels of Kwon Yul, I also completed a unit of Flail-Armed cavalry for my Korean Army.  These units are the what really attracted me to the time period.  The uniforms are very different from what I normally do, and they equipment is a far cry from the usual sword and spear.

I went with a common color for the horses to lend some cohesion to the unit.   I stayed with reds, blues and yellows as the primary colors for the same reason.  These are essentially 5-part models (horse, rider, flail, bow, quiver) which allows them to look quite dynamic.  It also makes the painting process fairly time-consuming.  

Comments

  1. These mounted warriors look great! I bet they show off even better in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All except the yellow one in back. I had a droplet form from the Minwax in the shoulder I failed to notice.

      Delete
  2. Really nice, and what an unusual weapon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them. I am currently trying my hand at the double swordsmen, both foot and cavalry!

      Delete

Post a Comment