Samurai


Working on the Koreans also inspired me to finish some of the Samurai figures leftover on the painting table.  I tend to struggle with getting these done in a timely fashion, so I opted to try some different techniques.  For the figures above I went with a black base-coat, with dark grey underclothes.  I opted to add color using the lacing and the Sashimono.  

I tend to add too much color and detail resulting in long time delays and rather busy looking models. I found that these guys tend to blend into the units rather effectively.


Speaking of which, I also finish these four with the normal cacophony of color. 



Mason and I have been trying out Warlord's "Test of Honour" and find it rather fun.  I have felt inspired to add a few more figures to the collection, especially as it focuses on Archers and I have a preponderance of handgunners....

Comments

  1. Great looking samurai additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I continue to use your page for inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Excellent work! The yellow on black and yellow on red look especially good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have another batch on the table where I am trying some more earthy toned yellows and reds. I want to minimize the cartoon factor on this next set.

      Delete
  3. Lovely Samurai; I think the subdued approach looks very good here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment